Isn't this guy adorable? That's my beloved husband of 4 years, Eric. Here we are in Pescadero at the Pigeon Point Lighthouse. Some random guy snapped this photo of us. We left from Los Angeles at about 6:30 the morning this was taken. Eric drove all the way from LA to somewhere near Watsonville where he stopped at In-N-Out Burger with me (even there was nothing he'd eat there).
Next, I drove through the berry and flower farms, then mountains and redwood trees as the roads became windier. Eric began to have a terrible allergy attack and rubbing his itchy, watery eyes. He became exhausted and couldn't keep his eyes open anymore. This continued for the next hour or so. I was excited to get to the coast and show him the beautiful scenery - ocean, cliffs, and beaches. But, he could barely keep his eyes open. We made it to this lighthouse and I knew he just had to see the beauty of the place I was lucky enough to stay for 2 nights. I knew he'd appreciate the serenity, the smell, the sound, the solitude. And, he did. We listened to the roar of the ocean. Many more photos to come...
I write this tonight as Eric sleeps beside me and I am so grateful. My gratitude for him is beyond words or photos. Let me tell you some of the things I love about Eric.
1. I love that today when the nurse walked him to the bathroom (when recovering from surgery) he walked like a robot and asked her, "Is it normal for me to walk like a robot?"
2. I love that the other day he made a "secret" list of Harry Potter parody titles.
3. I love his generosity and caring.
4. I love his positivity.
5. I love his cheerleading skills. He has an unwavering belief in me.
6. I love his commitment to and relationships with his family.
7. I love that he is the one that always wants to talk about every little thing.
8. I love that he's not into watching most sports.
9. I love his talent and creativity. I didn't know I was marrying a great poet and playwright.
10. I love that he listens to me when I drink a lot of coffee and start spewing off random information I heard on NPR that he is not really interested in.
11. I love that he's also a great friend and has stayed in touch with a lot of old friends even though it seemed for a time that they didn't have much in common and stuck it out until he was able to recall that we all have so much in common.
12. I love what a great father he's going to be one day.
13. He's a great singer. No, really. Have you heard him? He really is good.
14. And many, many more
Beautiful, Cody. I'm so happy you and Eric found each other. Much love to both of you!
ReplyDeleteVery sweet
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
ReplyDeleteWell, jiminy. What a son of fortune am I for being accepted and loved so greatly by a woman who could be with any man or woman she wanted. Thank you for this loving tribute. You are my home, my RV away from home and the destination. Cody, you are with me always in all ways.
ReplyDeleteI love you and your treasure of photos here. Please keep posting more.
Your ever dedicated doula,
~e
I love this post Cody! (and we love Eric too) It was great to see both of you over these last few weeks. Congratulations on 4 years!
ReplyDeleteAww. Thanks Robin. It was great to see you guys too!
ReplyDeleteHi Cody - thank you for blogging. You are a wonderful writer and glad to be able to congratulate you and Eric on 4 beautiful years. Your lives have been filled with adventure and I am so glad that you both are LIVING life and not letting your life go by. The journey to parenthood has many uncertainties, the one certain thing in your life is your love for each other. This will take you through anything that God has in mind for you. Good luck and thanks again for sharing. Love, Kathy
ReplyDeleteThanks for the encouraging words Kathy.
ReplyDelete